Bruising from knee to ankle with swelling and pain post injury to shin, no X-ray performed, advised rest. Second opinion required?

Hi my partner was kicked in the shin while playing soccer .. 6 days ago he has bruising from behind the knee to the ankle .. It continues to swell and is painful .. He did go to a hospital emergancy to see if they would X-ray but the doctor grabbed his leg below the knee and above the ankle and moved it to see if he could feel a break .. He said just rest it .. To me where the impact was looks like it is going to pop or like a boil kind of look about it what do u think should he get second opinion ? Thank you for your time Karen
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012