Bruising and swelling on the skin after walking barefoot, no pus or redness. Will it subside?

Was walking barefoot in deep mud along missouri river1 1/2 weeks ago & stepped on something beneath the mud which I never saw it felt like it penatrated the skin as I fell however it only pinpricked the skin. It immediately swelled to half the size of a golf ball & left a bruise . It s still swollen & bruised now 1 1/2 weeks later & hurts to put weight or shoes will this pass or is it infected. There is no pus or redness. Sincerely bruised & swollen
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012