Bruising and puncture wounds on leg after bite by dog. Painful to touch, swelling, difficulty walking. Should I worry?

I was bitten by a stray dog about 13 hours ago. There are 3 puncture wounds. 2 on the right side of my left leg just below the knee and another behind my leg in the same spot. The bruising ran together to make one huge bruise . Around the front wounds, the pain is horrific. It burns.. Hopefully not a damaged nerve or tendon ..the swelling is huge and very painful to touch. Hurts to even walk. I can t get to the Dr. for about 12 more hours.. Should I worry? (Animal control has him under survelance for rabies . ) I will probably need to update my Tetnus, don t remember last one..
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013