Bruises on thighs after fall, painful to walk and sit. Have type 1 diabetes. What has happened?

hi there, i slipped on the stairs on my way to work however i did not allow myself to go down on the hand landed on the stairs above allowing me to hold all my weight to the lower extremity of my body i am Type 1 Insulin Dependent Diabetic...b/s have not been the best for last few months i have developed bruises on both thighs and its very painful when i walk its painful when i am sitting i am losing the strength to be able to stand for prolonged time what has happened to me? i am scared? should i go to the emerge?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013