Bruises on ribs, no injury, dark discoloration. Causes and treatment?

Hello, I have six to seven bruises on the left side on my back ribs. I first noticed it about five days ago when I noticed my back hurting while I was driving. My friend looked at my back and said that I had faint bruises on about 3 of my ribs. Today the pain is still there and now the bruises are about 3 inches long and there are about six to seven of them and they are much darker. I haven t fallen, but I was adjusted by my chiropractor about 10 days ago. am a white 50 year old female in good health. I run, bike, and swim on a regular basis and do some weight training. Thank you for your help!
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012