Bruised toenail, smelly liquid oozing from under toenail. Applied antibiotic cream. Normal to ooze?

I have a bruised toenail since mid summer. I do not remember how or when it happened, but I may have tried stopping something from hitting the floor & used my foot to prevent it from breaking. At least that is all I can think of as to what happened. All I know is that when I removed nail polish I discovered the bruised nail. I do not wear enclosed shoes all summer, only sandals. Now I noticed a smelly liquid that oozes out from under the toenail when I put slight pressure on it. Once in a while it will ooze a little bit of bloody matter as well, but this does not happen all the time. I had been soaking it in warm water with epsom salt and then putting on a topical antibiotic cream. At times I will cover it with a band aid, but I only do this to help keep the cream on it and from the liquid getting on my socks or slippers. Just wondering if the oozing is normal from a bruised nail and should I continue soaking it in ebsom salt? If not, any other suggestions. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 17 Nov 2012