Bruised, swollen, sore arm after IV. Redness reaction to tape. What should I do?

Had an i.v. yesterday for outpatient surgery. When they tried the first iv my vein blew out . They started an iv on the inside of my arm and when the student nurse went to remove it, she had the clear strip of tape they use to secure the iv bunched up and could not even see the iv needle as she was pulling it out. Now my arm is very bruised,sore and starting to swell . I also am having a redness reaction to the tape. I have NEVER had a reaction to any type of tape. What should I do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013