Bruised swollen knee after an injury. Severe pain and numbness. Need to see an orthopedic doctor?

Two weeks ago I fell out of a car on the inside of my right knee cap. My leg became bruised and swollen. I went to my regular MD and he had an xray done of the knee to make sure the knee cap wasn t broken or misplaced. Two weeks later the brusing is gone but I have a knot about the size of a small clementine. It is really hard. Also on top of my knee cap it feels kind of squishy and if it is hit on something the pain is severe. In addition, the whole top of my knee is still numb. Should I see an orthopedic doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013