Bruised, swollen and hard shin post a hit, difficulty in running. How can I relieve the pain quickly?

I am fifteen years old and this weekend I was playing fast pitch softball and was hit by a pitch on my leg near the inner part of my shin it is hard and painful to touch it is also bruised and swollen. I tried to run sprints today but it hurt too much to put a lot of pressure on it what can I do to relieve the pain and a quick recovery because I am going to a college showcase this upcoming weekend. Please Help!!!! Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012