Bruised ribs and thigh, swelling on thigh, taken antibiotics. What does it mean?

i jumped out of my bedroom window 2 weeks ago all though i didnt break any bones i did bruise my ribs and thigh.the swelling in my thigh has not gone down i went to the doctors last week they gave me a course of antbiotic but it has not help they say its full of fluid and i might need to get it drained but its very hot to touch and if i knock it it feels like someone is putting red hot pokers into it does this mean it is infected .i did not break the skin when i fell.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Two week after injury to thigh ,it is hot ,red and flucuation present. So the haematoma might get infected. so without drainage of it antibiotics are not helpful.

So as your doctor advised get it drained.

Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic surgeon.