Bruised red thumb with circle at the center while searching in closet. Is this brown spider bite ?

Two days ago, after putting my hands in a odds and ends box in the closet I found half of my thumb had become a bruised looking red with a lighter circle in it s center. It wasn t sore or itchy. I d like to know if it might be a spider bite and hopefully not a bed bug which recently was a problem. The red is fading now. It doesn t look like the many bed bug bites I ve had and it s not itchy. It does look like an image of the brown refuge spider I saw on the web, but they are in the Midwest and I m in NYC. Does that spider have a cousin living in my area?-EW
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  17 Awaiting Answer