Bruised pubic pain. Bacterial infection? Ultrasound said femoral hernia. Pain due to?

I m a 31 year old female who almost a month ago started to feel like I bruised my pubic bone right side only. About 1.5 weeks ago I notice a lump/ swelling on that exact spot. Swelling spread all up my right abdomen to my hip bone and around my back, again right side only, and swelling is visible to all that view it. It hurts to sit, stand and walk I feel best laying down. First ultrasound said femoral hernia so I went to a specialized hernia hospital where both a surgeon as well as cheif of surgeon said I was misdiagnosed. They told me to go back to my dr and get antibotics as they said it d probably a bacterial infection . Went to dr and said she was not comfortable giving rx when not certain what diagnoses is. She sent me to er where urine and blood work came back normal, (not pregnant). An ultrasound was also completed at the hospital which came back clear, appendix was not visualized. Dr rx anti inflammatory and said I must have pulled my muscles. I m in pain and I am worried it may be something serious that is not being dealt with. Please advise as to what is going on as I want to get back to living my life. Thank you kindly, Christina.
Asked On : Wed, 19 Sep 2012