Bruised nerve in ankle, unable to move ankle up or down, pain on touching. Have I fractured it?

After dropping a heavy drinks can on my right ankle, I have been diagnosed with a bruised nerve in my ankle on/above the medial malleolus but i m not convinced. There were no doctors and a nurse saw me, she claimed because I could walk i didn t have a fracture . She didn t test my flexibility and didn t ask. She saw me for under a minute and didn t even look at my other ankle for comparison. I am unable to move my ankle up or down and my injured ankle doesn t look the same as my other. I am in a lot of pain and can not even touch my ankle. My family believed it was broken before i saw the nurse and it has been 2 weeks since the injury, should it have stopped hurting if it was a bruise? And Do you think this is a misdagnosis?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012