Bruised legs, chest. Immediate pain. Unable to sleep. Visit a doctor?

47 y.o. female. Fell at roller skating rink yesterday on back---legs just went out. Head did not hit. Bruised bottom. Sternum/ chest hurt immediately. Pain throughout night. Difficult to sleep and roll over in bed. A little better today than last night. Do I need to check it out with doc? My thoughts---bruised and will get better with rest and time.
Asked On : Thu, 26 Apr 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to wait for 2 - 3 days before going to doctor and try these things
1. Take tramadol, it will provide pain relief, You can try voveron also
2. Apply ice and Diclofenac ointment
3. Take rest
If your symptoms improve then its ok otherwise get a chest X ray to see if there is any rib fracture.