Bruised hip, swelling after falling from horse, treated. Swelling returned with burning pain in thigh. Cure?

I was tossed from a horse in late November. My hip bruised and swelled after about a week and resolved over the next 2 weeks. Pain was what you would expect from that kind of injury in a 54 yr old man. Over the last week the swelling has returned, no visible bruise but a sharp burning pain in the thigh on the same side which comes and goes. Not sure if this is just something to expect or I should seek help. - thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013