Bruised buttocks from fall, mild pain

2 weeks ago, I tripped and fell backwards onto a rock and bruised my left buttocks . Almost all coloration has disappeared but i m left with a fairly painfull knot about the size of a large egg. I ve been icing it a few times a day and it doesn t seem to get better or worse. What could this be and will it eventually dissolve or dissapear?
Asked On : Mon, 23 Apr 2012

Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

You are describing a haematoma -- an organised collection of blood within the tissues of your buttocks. It will gradually disappear over the next ten days. You may also note some discoloration as the clot dissolves.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.