Bruised and swollen wrist post injury, has big knot under the skin. What should be done?

I triped over my dog and caught myself on the wall with my left wrist on the side of where my thumb is that bone on the wrist is still a big knot under the skin it stoped hurting & now its starting to hurt again just a reminder my wrist was swelled and badly bruised the brusing is almost gone & the swelling is completely gone i kept ice on it for 3 days but why is it still hurting and that knot dont seem to be going down? Should i be worried i dont have money to pay another er bill. What should i try to do?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012