Bruise, swelling around knuckles, pain in back of hand. Should I be worried?

I hit the back of my hand on the bed post. It hurt, and it was swollen for about a day, and now on the 2nd day I see some bruising down around my knuckles (forefinger and middle finger knuckles, on the back of my hand) -- not where I hit my hand, but just down from it. The knuckles do not hurt. When I make a fist, there is only slight pain where I hit the back of my hand, especially when I stretch the forefinger area by bending my wrist downward. It is not really tender to the touch, either. There is still some swelling , but definitely less than yesterday. Should I be concerned about the bruising around my knuckles, or the slight pain on the back of my hand still?
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012