Bruise on wrist, no trauma. Swelling, turning blue. Need to worry about blood clot?

I looked down a little while ago(within the hour) and saw a large, irregular, swollen bruise inside my right wrist. I don't remember having injured it by bumping or twisting it. It is approx three inches from the base of my hand up toward my elbow joint. it is turning dark blue. There are what look to be four smaller ( I cm ) "spots" almost equally spaced in a slight arc starting at base of hand and extending up toward the edge of the bruise. One part of the bruise is swollen more than the rest. I am supposed to fly tomorrow. Do I need to worry about a blood clot/embolism? Should I go to the ER? I am a 58 year old woman in relatively good health. No high blood pressure, no high cholesterol: just saw my primary care doc yesterday and all vitals were on target. I can give more detail if necessary. What's my next move?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013