Bruise on top of left hand, barely dime sized. No pain or itch. What could be this?

I've noticed lately a spot - a little darker shade than the rest of my skin, looks like a bruise - on the top of my left hand a little ways back from the gap between my thumb and forefinger. It's barely dime-sized. I only notice at certain times - maybe it's the lighting? At first I thought it was because my hands were cold. It doesn't hurt or itch or bother me, other than the fact that I notice it. I can't think what it would be since I haven't injured myself and am way to young (25) to get age spots. It's not a big deal, just something I was curious about. Maybe it has something to do with veins in that area?
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013