Bruise on the shin a year before. Persistent, raised with tightness and itching. Solution?

I have a German Shepherd. He was attached to a runline. (The thick cable cord coated in heavy plastic.) It was tied to a tree on one end and clipped to him on the other. Another dog entered our property and he took off after that dog full speed (apx 35 mph) and I didnt have time to get out of the way before the cable snapped against the area between my shin and side of leg. It hurt so so bad I thought I was gonna get sick. It didnt bruise for several days but was very red and sore. A week later the bruise came up and it was black. That was in March it is now Dec and this thing is still visible, raised and tight and itches often. What gives?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012