Bruise on the knee after a fall. No fracture in the x-ray. Formation of blisters. What to do?

I fell on my right knee and now have a huge bruise . I already went to urgent care and they took an xray . No breaks or fractures . The doctor said I have a bad contusion. Gave me some pain medication and said to rest up and let it heal. When I went to urgent care I had a few small blisters that were forming from fluid or blood i guess. Now the blister is much larger and looks like it will pop any time now...What should I do? Should I pop it myself? My primary doc is on vacation....I am still very swollen and bruised but not in too much pain. I have more soreness and stiffness due to the swelling. Please advise.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012