Bruise on the back that barley bled on popping, seems to be a hole. What could its cause?

I got a bruise on my back about a 2 months ago it later showed up as a big red mushy bump with a hard bump in the middle of it. i went to the doctor this week and they looked at. they ended up popping it open, well no infection came out nor did anything else, barley any blood came out. the doctor said it was just a whole in my back. its about the size of a quarter and about an inch deep. she said i need to go back the 31 to get it looked at again and stitched up but she had no clue what it was or what could have caused. i was hoping someone could tell me what it is on my back!
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013