Bruise on pelvic region after a horse riding accident, sharp pain on lower back above pelvis. Causes ?

Hi there, I recently was in a bad horseback riding accident. I went to the ER a day after it happened and had a CAT scan of my chest ( breathing problems) and hips (severe pain in left hip). The attending doctor said that I have no broken bones, and lungs look good. I now have a bruise the size of a softball on my pelvic region. The pain above my left hip is diminishing slowly, but still there for the most part. I sometimes get this sharp pain on my lower back right above my pelvis . It feels like a bunch of cold needles are going through my skin, but there isn t any bruising whatsoever. My left side is still pretty tender and a little harder than the other side in some areas. What are the possible causes for these issues on my left side?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012