Bruise on lower right abdomen, white bump in the centre, swelling. Causes for contusion?

My 10 year old son has developed a bruise on his lower right abdomen with a white round raised bump in the center. The bruise is typical of a standard black and blue contusion caused by bumping into the corner of a table or similar encounter. However, my son claims that he has not bumped into anything or encountered any object that would cause such a contusion. The white raised lumpy mass is very apparent. Thoughts?
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012