Bruise on calf, tenderness in knee. Had same bruising after an injury long back. Serious?

2 winters ago I slipped and fell on the ice and hit my L knee , almost instantly there was a bruise on my calf (on the fat pad). It eventually went away. In April I was painting my house and woke one morning and the bruise was back, same location and size but with no pain. A few weeks ago, it happened again. Tonight I went to take a step felt a kind of little pop and some tenderness right below the knee cap, I then noticed that I was starting to get the bruise again. Is this serious or maybe just a weak vein .
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012