Bruise on buttocks, dented inwards, reduced fat tissue behind discoloration. Cancer symptoms?

I have a bruise looking small area on my hip buttocks area that in dented inward. It s been there for a few weeks. I only thought it was a bruise of some sort. I had a physical Therapy appt today for my knee and was worried so had her look at it. She noticed the fat, tissue was gone from behind the discoloration. No pain. I m worried what it is. She said it could be from the fall I took back in March of this year. But I don t understand how it could pop up now after so many months. I m worried to death it s anything from cancer to a ulcer to Mercia .
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012