Bruise on buttocks after fall, lump above right buttock, swelling. Medical attention needed?

Greetings, On xxxxx I slipped walking down my stairs and got a really big bruise on my butt falling on the edge of the stairs. It was only my right cheek and I did not hurt my back or anything else. The coloration of the bruise has gone down but I have a lump above my right cheek from where I fell and landed on the stairs. It reminds me of a swollen lump. I ll probably schedule something with a doctor in another week or so but is that normal? Will it go away on its own?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013