Bruise like lesions on the toe, increasing in size, not painful. Habit of excessive swimming. Is it fungal infection?

i have a bruise like lesion on my second toe on the distal phalanx. its been there about 8 months. not painful, hadn t got bigger for 7 months but now is getting bigger slightly, about 1.5cm. doctor told me he wasn t worried about it as not on a sun exposed area, and not getting bigger. what is it? i ve been swimming a lot, any chance it could be fungal?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Dec 2013
After reading your history there can be mutiple of possibilities of the same. It would be better if you can give us a detailed history along with a good picture of the affected area or can consult a dermatologist for checking the aggravating facto. This can be due to trauma to local area which is causing damage to the skin day by day. I advise you to not pinch or pop the area. You can apply a mild steroid cream such as Cortisone cream mixed with and antifungal cream. If itching is present then can take benadryl accordingly.