Bruise inside left leg, above ankle, turned into red swollen spot. Haematoma or infection?

Last month I got a nasty bruise on the inside of my left leg, inside above the ankle. In the couple of weeks the bruise went away now it has turned into a huge painful (to touch) red and swollen spot where the bruise use to be. I found another one on the back of the other leg, not as painful but still causing agony. Some have told me its a hemotoma others have said it could be a infection. If it is an infection, how could that happen?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012