Bruise below the knee after a fall. Not able to carry weights. Chances of broken bone?

I fell a week ago and my leg, between my knee and ankle, is very bruised. I believe my leg hit a cement stair as I was falling. I have a mark in the middle of the bruising that is very sore to the touch, even my pants touching it is painful. Bearing weight, now, is not painful, last week it was okay until I was off it for a while, then once I put weight on it I had some pain. Is it possible I chipped the bone, if yes, is the remedy to keep off of it and put ice on it only?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012