1. 1 week ago trauma, black and blue foot & ankle, bruise
above ankle with a lump, painful on touch and difficulty in walking ---> Most likely to be a fracture
of your malleolus
/ severe ankle sprain
2. Take a Xray of your ankle and foot
3. Cast can be given for 3 weeks if there is no fracture or an undisplaced fracture
4. if the fracture is displaced then it warrants a surgery immediately after an orthopaedician opinion
5. Elevation of limb over pillows, ice fomentation, crepe bandage, NSAID's along with non-weight bearing walking will reduce your pain/ swelling.