Brownish vaginal spotting before periods, cramping. Reason?

Hi. the other day i noticed a spot in my underware and it looked red.. after that i used the restroom and when i wiped it was brownish in color, now.. 3 days later im still wiping and gettin this brownish (somtimes stringy) color. im suppose to get my period in about a week and 2 days. iv also had a little cramping (feels like period cramps ) but its not bad.. can you help? im extremely worried!
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Nothing to worry. Some women get spotting before menses. Mild spotting n cramps before menses is normal.
If u have further queries, contact me.