Brownish Black fluid coming from breast

I have a brownish black liquid coming from my nipple when I squeeze it. What could this mean. I am 39 and have had 4 kids and a hysterectomy.
Asked On : Sat, 18 Sep 2010
hi,thanks for query.Any fluid coming out from breast ,unless you are pregnant is not normal.Please do self examination of your breast with fingers looking in to mirror and try to feel any lump you can feel.Also look for any form of redness or swelling.Please talk to your doctor about this ,and after examination you may need mamography for proper diagnosis.
wishing you good health.
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
welcome to hcm
thanks for the query
whats your age/
if you are above 40 and the discharge is blood stained,on one side spontaneous then
cancer can be suspected
it can be also duct ectasia
so its better to get evaluated by a surgeon .detail examination is needed
take care