Brown vaginal discharge, awful smell, irregular bleeding, bleeding after intercourse. What is causing this?

I originally had constant brown vaginal discharge , with an awful smell, and irregular bleeding also bleeding after intercourse I had a vaginal examination and a swab taken and was blindly prescribed metronidazole , all was fine with me swab I am 24 and have 3 children ages 9,6,2 I m in the uk so I am not allowed a pap smear until I m 25, after my antibiotics the odour ceased, but brown vaginal discharge and pink vaginal discharge never stopped I havnt seen normal vaginal discharge for over 2 years now, and I am worried about going back to the doctor as they made me feel like an idiot, I am also still bleeding after intercourse having pain after intercourse suffer from menstrual like cramping daily, and have had an increase in urgency to urinate for the past few months, what is causing all if this ? I am currently using nexplanon birth control , but had this discharge before this and also irregular bleeding, I am a smoker and am inside a healthy weight range
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013