Brown spotting, pregnancy test faintly positive. Now having light bleeding. Is it miscarriage or implantation ?

Hi, I started brown spotting on Sunday which was when my period was due. As this is unusual for me, I did a pregnancy test and got a very faint positive. The spotting continued all day but didn t get any heavier. Monday I got another faint positive and still spotting. I had a little bit of red blood with small clots, but mostly brown and only when I wiped. Tuesday I got quite a clear positive and the bleeding was very light, only brown discharge really, but it didn t stop. Today the test was a little lighter than yesterday, and the bleeding is heavier. Still only when I wipe, but quite red and definitely more than a smear. I read that spotting in early pregnancy is quite common and doesn t always mean miscarriage , but I have never heard of anyone who actually kept a pregnancy after a bleed. So what are the chances of keeping this pregnancy and is there anything I can do to help stop the bleeding? I would be 5 weeks tomorrow, but ovulated a few days late so probably more like 4w3d. Thanks!
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013