Brown spotting, due for period. What could it be? Stopped birth control

I am having brown spotting with a few dark brown almost black clots. I m due for my period any day now but this is not normal for me. My period is normally medium to heavy and using 3-4 tampons a day. This isn t even enought for a liner. What could it be? Should I be worried? Iv been off of my birth control for about 3months and have been having unprotected sex, but took a pregnancy test a couple weeks ago and it was negative
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012