Brown spotting, cramps, mucus discharge, nausea, moodiness, taking Azurette

Hi, Im 17 years old and am on Azurette, I have had regular periods for the past 6 months until recently. two weeks ago i had medium/light red and brown spotting with no cramps or other symptoms. this past sunday I was supposed to start my acctual period but instead i had a few drips of light red blood followed by a light to dark brown spotting, slightly mucus like and very light in amount. as well as nausia, cramping, and moodyness
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
If you have been regular with your pill intake, you are amply protected. This irregular spotting could be due to hormone imbalance. Such things often happen while on the pill, but, usually in the initial months. Please get a proper clinical evaluation and if necessary, a blood test for pregnancy and complete hormone profile. A trans-vaginal sonogram can help to exclude ovarian causes. Local lesions like vaginitis, erosions, polyps and sudden weight changes along with stress also can cause such spotting. Hope this helps.