Brown spotting, cramping during 4th week of pregnancy. Is it normal?

hi im emilie 26 years old, i was pregnant january this year but sadly I was miscarriage in 8 weeks of my pregnancy. I wonder why it happened to me I don t drink and smoke , I eat healthy foods not and doing strenuous activity. During 4th week of my pregnancy I had brown tiny spotting and cramping just 2 days only for straight 2 weeks. I consulted a doctor, then they just told me its just normal. Is it really normal? The day of my miscarriage, my obyne doctor just give me pills ( misoprostol ).I was ultrasound after 5 days and then my uterus was cleared. My concern is that is my uterus totally clean, some of my friend said I should have done the dilation and curretage.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012