Brown spots on skin post injury, scab formation, slowly growing bigger, no swelling. Serious symptoms?

Hello, I have noticeable light grey-brown spots on my skin. I had a injury there. A large scab formed which eventually fell off. I applied lots of Iodine and antiseptic to prevent infection. I remember it was red, Itchy and painful during recovery. I believe I got an infection so I applied more Iodine. These symptoms went away and the scab fell off. The light grey-brown spots were already there when the scab fell off. They are slowly growing bigger. There is no protrusion only color difference. What could this be and is it dangerous?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012