Brown spot on shin, feels like a bone, no tissue between skin and bone. Medical attention needed?

I don t remember being hurt or anything but on my right shin near the middle of my leg there is a brown spot its very soft and feels like bone when I touch it almost as if there is no tissue or anything between my skin and bone. Its about the size the tip of a finger and has been there for months. No idea what it is... any ideas? Should I go see a doctor about it?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
The brown spot ion the shin which is persistent for months is likely to be due to a skin pigmentation or a superficial discoloration. It is not likely to be related to any bone or muscle related issue. A direct examination will help in diagnosis.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal