Brown spot behind left calf, was flat and light brown in color, now swollen, fluid-filled. Treatment?

I have a brown spot, roughly the size of a quarter, on the back of my left calf . It s been there for some time, and until recently it appeared to be a simple age spot. It was flat and light brown. Last week it seemed a little flaky & itchy. I scratched it, and within 24 hours it became raised and fluid-filled. I ll be seeing my internist in a couple of days, but I ve grown increasingly anxious about it. I m a 70-year-old female.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013