Brown patches under armpits spreading to stomach and lower back causing scaling, skin looks flaky after shower. Remedy?

Hi. I have had these brown patches that started under my armpits then spread over my stomach and lower back. Sometimes it gets very itchy and is scaling. The skin is very dry, and on closer look, there are many small white cracks that extend through the patches. And these patches are just here or there. The cover the sides of my stomach, lower back, under-armpits, and on the front of the stomach. It does not extend on my chest . I ve noticed however that after I take a shower using bar soap, my skin looks more flaky, and is usually irritating about 15-20 minutes later.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012