Brown patches on inner thighs, history of low HB count. Worried

Hi, i am a 33 year old male from NSW Australia, i am 180cm tall, weigh 80kg and have very fair skin, i have recently noticed large brown round patches on my inner thighs, they are mid to very dark brown which stand out tremendously, i have only noticed this recently, it doesn t seem to be chaffing of any kind, there is no rash and feels just like the normal white skin next to it, it was not there a few months ago, i was recently admitting to hospital due to having an extremely low HB count (15 instead of the normal 140+) and had severe idema, this was caused by taking too many nurofen plus tablets (20+ per day) and not eating enough due to drinking too much lite milk which was blocking the absorbtion of iron all leading to my H-globin count of 15, i was checked out of hospital 10 days later after eating well and getting my count up to over 100 and have had regular blood tests since all without any negatives, after the idema was managed in hospital i went from 75kg down to 62kg in 10 days however in the 2 months since are now back up to 80kg, i have been eating well, infact better than i ever have and my only indulgences are i eat alot of chocolate and take paracetamol if i get headaches , apart from that everything is normal, my current HB count was 140 and everything seemed to be getting back to normal until i noticed these large patches, they were not there a few months ago and they really have me worried, thanks for time in reading this and hope to hear back
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012