Brown mucus discharge during pregnancy. Heart beat not found during ultrasound. Is it too early?

I m 6-7wks pregnant and have had light brown mucus discharge off and on for a week now. I did an ultrasound and the doctor said he did not get a heartbeat so the baby died. I was sent to do a D & C but the doctor at the hospital said it may not have died as it may just be too early to detect a heartbeat. I have no pains just the discharge so the doctor said to wait a week again. I just need some advice as I m worried...please? Mel
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013