Brown long strings in bowel movement, severe stomach pain, unable to burp, weight loss. Cause?

This AM I had a BM. There was a brown string in it, about 4inches long. Same color as my BM. Last night and one day last week I had severe stomach pain. I feel it mostly in my upper stomach, center. It feels like burning pain. Last night, I also experienced what felt like the inability to burp. I took two Tums 750mg and the burp problem was alleviated, but still had the burning pain. I normally have a regular BM once every morning and lately, I have had to go a few more times during the day. I have also felt my bowels just moving constantly wether I feel the need for a BM or not. I had only a few bites for dinner last night. This AM, on the scale, I had lost 3 lbs. Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013