Brown discoloration in shin after fall. Lump near shin. Painful to touch. Should I be concerned?

I caught my skirt on my heels while walking down the steps about eight weeks ago. I was in a lot of pain for about 2 weeks after the event and had a huge knot and bruise where my shin hit the step when I fell. It took about a month for the swelling and bruise to go away, but I noticed a slight discoloration in the area- it was a brownish color. It still hurts when touched and there is a lump next to the shin in the area where there was bruising. I just recently noticed the bruising coming back but don t remember hitting it on anything. It s been bruised again for about 2 weeks. Should I be concerned???
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012