Brown discharge, ultrasound shows heterogeneous uterus. What is this?

HI DR. OANA I AM A 57 YEAR OLD FEMALE....HAVE ALWAYS HAD NORMAL PAP SMEARS....HAVEN T HAD WHAT I WOULD CALL A NORMAL PERIOD IN A COUPLE OF YEARS BUT I HAVE BEEN GETTING DARK BROWN DISCHARGE ONCE IN AWHILE....WHEN I DO GET IT, IT S NOT MUCH AT ALL AND SOMETIMES SEEMS TO COME AROUND WHEN MY PERIOD WOULD HAVE BEEN DUE....HAD A TRANSABDOMINAL ULTRASOUND 2 WEEKS AGO AND WAS TOLD IT LOOKED GOOD....THEN HAD A TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND DONE AND WAS TOLD I HAVE HETEROGENEOUS UTERUS ....WHAT IS THIS AND IS IT SOMETHING TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT OR IS IT CANCER ....MY GYNE STILL WANTS ME TO HAVE AN ENDOMETRIAL BIOPSY PERFORMED.....IF THE TRANSVAGINAL ULTRASOUND DOESN T SHOW ANY CANCER, COULD THAT MEAN THAT THE BIOPSY WILL BE FINE? ANXIOUSLY AWAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU....THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Oct 2012