Brown discharge throughout the month, two periods in a cycle post Mirena insertion. Will it gradually stop?

I m in my early 40 s; have had two successful pregnancies. I ve been on Mirena for 4 months and having brown discharge on most days. It s not a lot, it s just there. I think What is the cause? Also, I think I have had my period twice b/c the discharge is bright red (like a normal period). The bleeding has lessened quite a bit since the insertion; but, the brown discharge is getting annoying. Will it stop?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012