Brown discharge during pregnancy, cervix still closed, mild cramping. Miscarriage?

I am 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I had a very tiny amount of brown discharge for 2 days and then yesterday had a small amount of red blood. Since then I ve had some brown blood. Went to the doctor here in canada yesterday who did an exam and said my cervix was still closed. He took a blood test but I m still waiting for results. I did have some mild cramping as well. Does this sound like it is most likely a miscarriage?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012